Saturday, April 13, 2013

Reaction to Action Research


I had no idea what action research was before reading about it. I thought traditional and action research was the same thing. I was surprised that there was more than one kind of research. I think that it is a great way to reflect on your current state and asking questions regarding whether you could better yourself as an effective leader and principal. Action research is based on your own inquiry to make the necessary changes to improve upon.


Action research is done by people who are directly involved with their school, staff and students like a principal and teacher. University research, who have no understanding on what goes on in each specific school do traditional research. The people working directly with the subjects at hand had the best hands on advice and greatest chance at improving the work force.


I am planning to do my action research study on why ninth grade students fail their core courses while transitioning from middle school to high school. I also want to figure out what can we do to help them with the transition. We need a way of implementing strategies to help these ninth grade students in core classes.

I am very excited to conduct this action research plan. I hope that that this will only be the first of many action research plans for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment