Friday, April 19, 2013

Breaking News and Breaking New Ground


This week is a very busy week for me. We have TAKS test next week so my students are reviewing. This week has been filled with tragedy with the Boston Marathon Bombings and the Fertilizer plant explosion in West, TX. My heart and prayers go out to families and victims affected by these tragedies. In class today we have been reviewing and watching live news coverage of what is going with the Boston Bombings manhunt, they have shot one suspect and found another. Students are very intrigued and find now how history does apply to real life with these situations and the things going on with Korea.  I have spoken to my site supervisor and she thought my Action Research topic was a good one and she approved it. We have came up with a start date and this will take place the next school year in August. The topic that I will research is why incoming ninth grade students fail their core classes, transitioning from middle school to high school.  This will help me with my freshmen football players as to help them get the help they need to pass for their extra curricular activities and to get  a solid footing to get into college.  I am looking forward to the rest of this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment